What is Be Inclusive?
Be Inclusive is a web app that helps you define, track, and share web accessibility audits.
- Define - Our guided setup utilizes the WCAG-EM methodology to help you define the scope and identify your representative sample set of pages for your audit projects.
- Track - Track success criteria results and log observations you've made during manual and automated testing all in one easy interface.
- Share - When your audit is complete you get a printable results page full of audit details, export and share options are available too!
It simplifies the setup and admin part of the process (like storing observations with associated images) so manual auditing is easier to manage and share with teammates & clients.
Does it run automated tests like axe or Siteimprove?
No, Be Inclusive is complementary to these kinds of tools. Where Be Inclusive shines is in how it stores observations you've gathered from all your manual and automated testing efforts - including from tools like axe or Siteimprove.
Is there a demo?
Not currently, because signup is quick and free we opted not to set up a demo in order to focus on other features. Use the form on this page to let us know if you disagree.
How does Be Inclusive compare to WCAG-EM Report Tool?
Be Inclusive and the WCAG EM Report Tool have similar objectives in facilitating website accessibility evaluations utilizing the WCAG-EM methodology, to make comparison easier for folks assessing their options we've worked up a small list of situations where one is better suited than the other.
We recommend WCAG-EM Report Tool if:
- Free/Open Source is important to you, their tool is hosted on Github and built open source.
- You require language translations, they currently support English and Dutch with more in the works.
- You prefer to have everything stored local to your machine or self-hosted.
We recommend Be Inclusive if:
- You require image uploads, you can upload multiple files to observations as you create/edit them.
- You prefer a hosted option that requires little setup and no technical knowledge.
- You have a team of people working on an evaluation simultaneously.
If you feel any of this misrepresents the strengths of either tool, we encourage you to contact us to discuss further.
last updated 12-20-2020
What’s the difference between a project and an audit?
A project defines the scope of what needs to be evaluated utilizing the WCAG-EM methodology, typically it's a website or portion of a website. This is where you define the pages you're evaluating and tools you'll be using to evaluate.
An audit is an individual evaluation of a project where observations are stored and success criteria results are tracked. A project can have multiple audits, so you can track your remediation progress over time. An audit is where you'll spend the majority of your time tracking observations and - when complete - will be where you go for a shareable audit report.
Can I export the result data for use in another system?
Yes! Currently we have a CSV export and a specially formatted CSV for use in importing as JIRA cards. More coming soon, if you need to export to something else please use the form on this page to let us know!
How does the free trial work?
When you register, you'll be able to choose the plan that's right for you. You'll then be able to create projects up to the maximum associated with that plan. When the trial is over, you'll still be able to log into your account and view your projects and audits but will not be able to modify them until you set up a payment method.
What is your refund policy?
We do not offer refunds. If you cancel your plan before the next renewal cycle, you will retain access to paid features until the end of your subscription period. When your subscription expires, you will still be able to log in and see them but will no longer be able to make edits.
Do you offer discounts?
Yes, if you choose to pay annually you will receive the equivalent of two months free. We are also considering providing discounts to nonprofits with 501(c)(3) designation, if your organization fits this criteria please contact us!
Is there any long-term contract?
No. Be Inclusive is pay as you go, you can cancel or downgrade your plan anytime.
Which payment methods do you accept?
We accept all forms of payment supported by Stripe including:
- American Express
Is there any charge per team member?
No, there is no charge per team member you add to your projects and no limits imposed on how many you can add. The only difference between subscription plans is the maximum number of projects you can create.